Are you planning to launch a direct mail campaign in 2020? There are a few factors you need to consider to make sure your campaign pays off.
To start with, you have to research your target audience and know the average response rates. You also have to determine the appropriate balance between digital marketing and mail for your needs. Given all these, you have to refer to direct main statistics.
It will help you understand the general situation with mail marketing overall and you’ll be able to weigh the advantages and disadvantages as well as the return on investment. After all, you should know by now that reliable marketing statistics is crucial when it comes to backing up creative ideas and plans.
Direct Mail Statistics: Popularity and Response Rate
- In 2018, direct mail’s average response rate was at 9% for house lists and 4.9% for prospect lists. It represented an increase of 5.1% and 2.9%, respectively, from the report submitted for 2017.
- Paid search, social media, and email only had a 1% response rate compared to the house list response rate of 9%.
- 31% of baby boomers bought a product or service due to flyers, catalogs, and advertising cards. Direct mail performed better than online consumer reviews, family and friend suggestions, email, TV ads as well as other marketing channels.
- 46% of consumers claim that they are more likely to responed to a certain offer made by a familiar company. You can make use of direct mail for people to know your services and improve the efficiency of other marketing channels. Direct mail also has a higher response rate compared to digital marketing and that means it is a great first touch point.
- Direct main remains strong in terms of being a well known marketing strategy with print advertising raking in as much as 35%.
- Direct mail continues to be among the traditional marketing methods that B2B marketers make large investments in.
- Direct mail (6%) and print advertising (8%) are two of the top sources that generate marketing leads and sales.
Direct Mail Statistics: Format and Behavioural Patterns
- Direct mail Myrtle Beach marketing provides a longer lasting effect compared to emails or online ads.
- Postcards remain promising. About 52.5% of the recipients of postcards say they will read them while a letter size envelope will be open in only 1/3 cases.
- 57% of consumers open their mail, 48.5% look at it, 26.2% recycle or throw them away, and 24% keep them for later. About 1.6% of the responders put the mail on display and that makes the marketing material more memorable.
- The mail type affects the behavioural patterns. In most cases, catalogs are put aside and checked later. Mail that are related to credit cards are discarded by 46% of the recepients, which is higher than catalogs and other types of mail.
- Recipients are three times less likely to expect receiving direct mails on Sundays compared to other days of the week.
- There is a 97% positive reaction to personalized direct mails. A greeting card, holiday card, birthday card all have 96% chance of success while 89% for package, 57% for catalog, and 27% for advertising card.
If you want your direct mail campaign to succeed, you need to personalize it. Although it is quite hard to achieve this without automating the process. Unlimited Printing & Signs can help you customize your direct mails to help make sure that your campaign has a higher chance of succeeding.
Call Unlimited Printing & Signs and let our team help you with your direct mails.
Unlimited Printing & Signs
2408 Madison Drive Suite 101
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582